Sunday, March 6, 2011

Corraling Tools on Your Sewing Table


I saw this Handy Caddy recently, and it's one of the best tabletop caddies I have ever seen. Do you have any idea why? Take a guess.


The product is made by a entrepreneur Sharon Lee in San Mateo, California. Are you still guessing?


The caddy pictured is the smaller of the two versions Sharon is currently selling on handycaddy.com. Here's the reason why I love it.


It's SEE-THROUGH.


With six side pockets, you can keep your most essential tabletop tools close at hand without even losing sight of them. It has plenty of room for your rotary cutters, seam ripper, marking pencils, scissors and more. Just be sure not to fill it up with less useful stuff (i.e. clutter). You aren't going to lose your things at the bottom of this tote like you would inside a dark coffee can or other opaque container. The larger version has eight pockets and an extended length to accommodate knitting needles, and both versions have a matching vinyl tote bag available to help make your caddy even more portable.


Besides the center storage compartment probably needing one or two more dividers across it, the only negative I can see about this caddy is that all of the dust will show. So as this caddy gets dusty, you'll want to restore it back to its clear and shiny state for the best view.
If you own one of these Handy Caddies, reply and let us know if it's a good as I think it is.

1 comment:

  1. I have one. Like that it is clear. I use it in my travel sewing supplies. It has held up well in a little over a year of use. I like that I can leave the outside pockets filled, fold it closed and slip it into my travel sewing bag.

    ReplyDelete